Monday, March 29, 2004

 

Monday
It was a day.

I went to the town branch of ABSA, which has wallpaper that looks surprising like a computer generated texture, and so the entire bank took on a weird, computer generated feel. This goes to support my theory of convergence between the computer world and the real world - note computers aren't getting better at showing the real world (ok maybe), but actually the real world is moving closer to computer images.

Weekend activities included spending Sat morning attempting to speak bits of Mandarin. Lots of work needed, but I have hello down – Ní hŏu. I also have 2 tapes converted to electronic format on the PC < happy >

Am having fun trying to compile a telkom newsletter again. I found out the Zim is trying to block phone providers from offering international calls to customers - they obviously don't like people talking to each other. This would be funny if not so sad.

Back to the weekend - one day was very hot, one was cooler and today it is _WINDY_. Cape Town, what can I say.