Thursday, May 27, 2004
Am
I had a really strange experience this morning.
Let me start by saying I had really good intentions of going to bed early, which fizzled when I read to 2am. You can imagine my joy when I was then woken by the phone ringing at about 4am, the problem was compounded when I attempt to switch the alarm off and it starts beeping at me and not doing what it is supposed to - my brain doesn't process information well at that time of the morning. Eventually I manage to get the alarm off and not beeping, get to the phone, which then stops (aargh). But, all the plugs have stopped working, which is probably why the alarm is complaining. The lights are working though. In fact, it is just the earth leakage that's tripped. So no plugs. Um, back to bed, sleep till 8. Get up, unplug everything (except alarm). Attempt to switch on earth leakage - whih works. Add the fridge as other essential that that has to have power. - That works too. Ok. Leave house and get phone call 10 min later saying power has tripped again. Damn it! Am calm. not sure what the problem is, but think it is something life throws at you just to check.
I can see an electrician in my near future...