Monday, May 24, 2004
Monday
unbelievable, but it is Monday already again. Sigh. This weekend was good. A threatened cold front didn't really arrive, I went to Stacey's birthday party dressed up as Charlie Chaplin (it was themed - the 20s), I started a DIY project, ... I didn't mention it to W before I started, as I though (ha ha) that it would be pretty quick and simple. He arrived home and just gave me this look that said 'and now?'. Anyway no big deal, I explained that I wanted to move the cupboard doors forward a little bit, I needed some originally unanticipated materials (wooden planks) and all should be fine. I am happy that he agreed, but I ran out of steam on Sunday, so I am going to try and have a go this evening, or maybe this week. I also managed to do some work(!) just data capture off my messy paper sheets onto excel, and I finished off watching Buffy season 1 (again), and did not manage to secure 2 (damn).
On Sunday evening (it was a pretty productive weekend) I had great fun cooking dinner. Did a Jamie O tinfoil parcel with chicken, potatoes, lemon, garlic, butter and chilli. The best bit is that it puffs up so nicely and looks so very impressive :)
W had a magic tournament on Saturday (he won first three games and lost next two), and we watched the Formula 1 on Sunday. Monaco is just wrong and sad. Also long and uninteresting (except for the crashes). I think that group consensus was that it should not be included as there is no place to pass so the race is not great.