Wednesday, May 19, 2004

 

Not mind the gap

In my wondering around with the testing I go into one building where the lifts have a recorded voice system that says, 'The doors are opening' or 'the doors are closing'. Very much like 'mind the gap' even to the britishness of the voice. Odd. Also the braille on the lift buttons. But my thought - how do the blind people know that there is braille on the buttons. For that matter finding the buttons full stop, seems an effort when you have to go by feel (they were in the middle of the lift, not next to the doors in the normal place)

On the subject of lifts - (don't think I blogged this yet) another building this time, but there are little TVs in the lifts with adds running. Basically _worse_ than lift music. Anyone else seen this? It made me feel like I was in some sort of scifi movie. Aaargh.