Monday, May 03, 2004
Weekend
Well it is monday and some comment on the weekend is required. Sunday was a really lovely day, sunny, not too much wind (despite this Waynne said that the sunday frisbee game was windy up by smuts on the hill) but down in the valley where we live it was fine.
My fine uncles came over for a braai, and also brought along about a kg of steak (very good) and 300 pieces of wood, bless them. I was running low for wood for fire, and as the winter temp goes lower it is nice to have the fire going. Unfortunately they also pointed out the that turny bit on top of the chimney is not turning, so as soon as I get the ladder out and climb on top of the roof I will have my next fire. Hopefully none of this will coincide with any rain...
After that W’s mom and co arrived to spend the night in their usual fly into Ct visit from up the coast. For those that don’t know, W’s mom owns a steak house (called barnhouse grill), and they brought a load of spare ribs. Despite thinking I might never eat again after lunch I was still tempted into some of the ribs later – very soft and nummy.
Saturday was also food like in that we went to GrandWest and had curry at Buhlaras and watched the various tables. Well I watched W, Julie & A actually played. Roulette looks like fun, but I also like the look of blackjack.
Plans for future income include going there and having some fun.