Tuesday, May 18, 2004
weekend
Late, but here it is.
Saturday, lost the rugger (w watched, I didn't), won the 2010 host the
soccer world cup thing (_YES!) and Sat night decided to go out. Stopped off
first at J&Al's place to make sushi (fun), and then went off to spingboks
(springers), which was also fun and cool.
I have some observations from the night:
1. everyone is getting younger,
2. Fashions are more revealing (I think...),
3. You feel really old when after two new, unknown songs someone says,
'oh, this is an old one' and another song is played you don't recognise,
4. re #3, especially if this person is your boyfriend !
5. (this from personnel experience) people on the dance floor in a jersey
are *(&^%^&* wits
(and rough against the skin when you are wearing as little as possible
in an attempt to remain cool)
Sunday was stunning. W had a killer frisbee game and I went for a walk.
There was no wind, blue blue skies, warm sun. All in all lovely. We checked
post in an over eager attempt that Firefly might have arrived, had food
(noodle stirfry, muuuhm), coffee and returned home to basically veg in front
of TV.