Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Make up
In the sense of making up tasks, rather than imagination or face paint.
Now that, that’s clear. I have been rather bad at blogging, so…
Let me start by saying that the weather today is beautiful, warm and sunny, although as a concession to winter it did start out cool in the morning and the last two Wednesdays were rainy (I know as wed is wash day). I had a lovely lunch at a nice outside table overlooking the sea, and am only now realising just how extraordinary that is.
On a more technical note I am mid move between ISPs so have not had my normal email address (Aaaargh), and am being forced to do everything via webmail (thank google for gmail). It is looking good for some sort of email up in the next day or so; I am waiting on dns updates.
Job hunt continues. I am feeling more optimistic as I am at the stage of talking to all the placement agencies. (this is progress, it took me a while to find the right ones) and have had a few interviews this week. I was also getting emailed auto job searches, but …
Back to the email front I am hoping that the bouncing of all mesg (while yuck for me) might be good for the spam, as in I might get less. I was thinking that it might pay to do this as a sort of once a year clean out thing. I will let you know if it actually worked.
Since I am at home for a bit and I sit in the study I finally took the plunge and attempted to clean up what is the most cluttered room in the house, particularly as it the default place things get dumped when we don’t know what else to do with them. I put up a cd shelf for W so his half of the room is once again more organised then mine (*sigh*) and moved the bookcase. This a big job, as it first means emptying the bookcase and then move and then repack. I have too many books... well, for the space available. I have my thinking cap on as to what I can do with all of them. At the moment I am one shelf over, and they are the large-not-easy-to-put-into-other-shelves type books.
In other news I hung new net curtains in the lounge and they are letting more light in than the old ones. I think now would be a good time to mention that I am getting board at home and need to get some work soon, if only for sanity sake. My hair is co-operating. I have been growing my hair for a bit now and it is finally at the point where I can put it up (and not have it look messy) in a French roll, which is great as this is the default style for the ‘formal work look’ ;)