Alive and well
I have not been blogging much due to technical obstacles - mainly the manual
dial-up. This is now solved as we have ADSL (grin) from home so I can sit
here and add thoughts
really was like getting a great Xmas present.
Pause is sitting curled up on top of a bag in the corner keeping me company.
I think that the cats are in for a bit of a shock when W and I return to
work tomorrow after all the attention that they have had for the past few
weeks. My Dad and stepmom came down to stay for Xmas and Pause was is
seventh heaven getting brushed _every_ day, sometimes twice! (he is lucky if
I do this once a week...) W and I were both off just between Xmas and New
Year. It was great to have the break.
Our Xmas consisted of hosting a lunch for 14 people, mostly relatives of my
stepmom, but was still fun, busy and very hot. We had the lunch outside, as
there is not enough space inside for tables etc for that many people. As a
sort of cosmic joke it was drizzling when I woke up and looked at the
weather and I thought all plans were going to go haywire, but it cleared up
well and turned into a scorcher!
New years was a party at Julie and Als place. I left about 1:30 when I
started nodding off while sitting upright; however I was up again at 4 to
see off my folks who drove back to JHB and go and fetch W. Then it was home
and back to some more quality sleep.