Thursday, March 10, 2005
job title
This is a bit of a rant, so read on at your own peril.
My current (job) title is Business Analyst. Something I say with a bit of pride as I now have an easy to give label to people who ask. I was scanning the classified sections the other day and came across and add for a b.a. I read the job description with growing horror and realisation that I have no desire to be a Bus. Analyst (despite having the skills to be one). This is in fact something that happens to me quite a lot. My job titles (the formal full time kind) have so far been: IT Support, Developer, Freelance Consultant, Financial Director and Business Analyst. Not bad for 6.5 years. I think that Business Analyst means something different in a computer setting than a business setting, so I might try moving back in that direction. It would mean yet another steep learning curve, not always my favourite thing. Hmmmm.