Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 
Car gone and back again...?
So for those that did not hear this yet, I had my car stolen on
Friday. It was that horrible sinking feeling that you know you car
should be there, but instead there is this empty space. My first
though was, maybe I parked it somewhere else and I was just confused
y'know? Anyway I was not confused, I was very upset.I did go and
report it straight away.

W came and fetched me. He was at our house with Jim and Jason
preparing for the planned trip to visit Al in plet. By the time we got
back from the police station I was not in the mood for a 6 hour car
journey, so we stayed home friday. W, bless him, convinced me the best
thing would be to go away after all, so went on Sat morn, drove home
sunday afternoon. Ignored it the whole weekend and recovered.

Police phoned on Monday morn to let me know that they had recovered my
car. Thank you SAPS. I went out monday afternoon to confirm that it
was really my car and everything (yes it is), and if all goes well the
garage will fetch it today (wed) and get it back up and running. I am
in the process of doing all the paperwork (lots and lots of paperwork)
to get it licensed again.

Never realised just how attached to my old car I was. Really, really
glad to have it back.